London is bursting with exciting happenings this February, all of which are within walking distance of the Strand Palace Hotel. Here are a few of our favourites:
1. Join in the biggest Chinese New Year celebrations outside Asia in London’s Trafalgar Square and Chinatown (14 Feb).
2. Expect lashings of glitz, glamour and sequins at musical Mrs Henderson Presents at the Noel Coward Theatre, based on the true story of the scandalous Windmill Theatre (9 Feb-18 June).
3. Go behind the scenes of BBC drama series Dickensian at the Charles Dickens Museum. On display are stunning costumes and props created for the show (19 Jan-17 Apr).
4. Be wowed by Lady Gaga’s outrageous costumes and Paul McCartney’s suit at Hard Rock Couture at Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! London (3 Feb-10 Apr).
5. Celebrate the centenary of Roald Dahl’s birthday at the Imagine Children’s Festival at Southbank Centre, a jamboree featuring talks by best-selling children’s authors, theatre, dance and art (10-21 Feb).
6. Immerse yourself in the world of a classic movie with underground film club Secret Cinema. The venue’s location remains a secret until a few weeks before the screening, but it will be in an indoor location in zone two (17 Feb-13 Mar).
7. Admire dresses worn by British queens and princesses over the past 40 years at Fashion Rules: Restyled at Kensington Palace (Feb 2016-Feb 2017).
8. Hear the stories behind lost and stolen public art at Out There: Our Post-War Public Art at Somerset House (3 Feb-10Apr).
9. See Jeff Wayne’s best-selling War of the Worlds brought to theatrical life at the Dominion Theatre (8 Feb-9 Apr).
10. Watch ‘Friends’ actor Matthew Perry star in his own play The End of Longing at the Playhouse Theatre, which sees four forty-something friends spending a raucous night in a downtown Los Angeles bar together (2 Feb-14 May).
11. Sing along to classic tunes, such as I Heard It Through the Grapevine and My Girl, at Broadway hit show Motown the Musical at the Shaftesbury Theatre (11 Feb-22 Oct).
12. Discover the role gardens played in the evolution of art in Painting the Modern Garden: Monet to Matisse at the Royal Academy of Arts (30 Jan-20 Apr).
With all these great events taking place in Central London this February, there’s no better place to stay than the Strand Palace Hotel. Please visit our concierge for more information on latest offers and spend this February in Style!
Did you enjoy this article? Please give the page a like so we can create more articles like it in future.