We understand that every guest has different needs and priorities, which might include the requirement for better accessibility. We are currently able to offer the following services and facilities:
- Directions to the hotel can be found on the location page.
- There are good transport links to and from the hotel, with a bus stop just outside the hotel running services all over London.
- The nearest overground stations are Charing Cross and Waterloo. The nearest underground stations are Embankment, Charing Cross and Covent Garden.
- Visitors and guests may prefer to use a licensed black taxi. Most taxis are wheelchair accessible, and most have a variety of additional features to assist passengers.
- There are car parking facilities, including disabled parking bays, at the NCP Car Park in Drury Lane, Parker Street, WC2B 5NT [http://www.ncp.co.uk/car-park?cpid=212331].
- Our reservations team will be happy to help with any pre-arrival questions or requirements you have. Contact the team at email@example.com or on +44 (0)207 379 4737.
Entrance and reception
- Our entrances on the Strand and from Burleigh Street have steps only. For ramped access (1:5 gradient) use our entrance in Exeter Street or the platform lift to Daawat Restaurant, accessible from Burleigh Street. The lift is 1050mm deep by 750mm wide, with a weight limit of 230kg. Please ring the bell at the entrance or contact reception on arrival if you need assistance.
- We have DDA-compliant intercoms at both hotel entrances. If you need assistance with luggage or equipment, our team of porters and our concierge will be able to assist you.
- There are a number of sitting areas in the lobby.
- If accessing reception desk is difficult, registration can be completed whilst sitting in the lobby or at a specially designed desk for wheelchair users.
- A portable induction loop is available from reception.
- On check-in our reception staff will brief you on our fire evacuation policy. This is available in braille if required.
- There is lift access to bedrooms and to most of the conference area. Lift doors offer a 900mm clear opening, and lift dimensions are 1200mm deep x 1740mm wide.
- Some of our conference rooms (Drake, Somerset, Grenville, Nelson, Trafalgar and Raleigh) can only be reached via steps.
Public areas and toilets
- There are three sets of public toilets: one in the conference area, and two off the lobby area.
- We have a fully accessible unisex toilet located off the lobby area by the Lounge Bar. There is also a set of accessible toilets in the conference area, but these have narrow routes and doorways and may only be accessible for able guests.
Restaurants and bars
- There is a gradient of about 1:9 at the Carvery & Grill entrance.
- The Gin Palace and the Lounge Bar are both situated off the lobby, and can be accessed without steps or gradients.
- There is a platform lift providing access from the lobby to Daawat restaurant. The lift is 1050mm deep by 750mm wide, with a weight limit of 230kg.
- There are host desks at the entrances of Daawat and the Carvery & Grill. Our restaurants offer table service, and staff will be happy to take you through the menu and discuss any special dietary requirements.
- We have nine meeting rooms on the lower ground floor, which can be accessed via a staircase or lifts.
- There are accessible toilets available in the conference area, but these currently have narrow routes and doorways and may only be accessible for ambulant guests.
- We can provide details of sign language interpreters if required. Please notify our meetings and events team in advance if any additional services are required.
- We have three bedrooms on the first floor designated for guests with special needs who are able to use a bath.
- All guestrooms feature a modern key system and a deadbolt.
- We have 24-hour security at the hotel with a CCTV system.
- All rooms are equipped with a laptop-sized safe.
- Please advise us of any special requests or requirements in advance, so that we can source appropriate services or equipment if necessary.
- Magnifying lenses, induction loop systems and Deafgard vibrating pillows are available.
- We have an evacuation procedure. If the fire alarm sounds continuously, staff will come to the aid of disabled guests to assist with evacuation either to the lobby or out of the building. We have evacuation chairs.
- The hotel only accepts officially recognised guide dogs and assistance dogs. If you need to bring a guide dog or assistance dog, please advise us when making your booking.
- All of our staff have received disability awareness training.
- Due to the historic nature of the building, some of our facilities are not as accessible as we would wish them to be. We are undertaking a review of what we have to offer and will be making changes to the layout and design wherever possible to improve the accessibility of our services.
- We will include further information here as other adjustments are introduced.
- If you would like more information about current facilities, or have any questions about access provision, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)207 379 4737.
- Access for disabled travellers at Charing Cross railway station [http://www.networkrail.co.uk/london-charing-cross-station/disabled-access/]
- Details of accessible underground lines and stations
- A guide to step free access on London Underground
- Information on accessible taxis and minicabs
- Find Blue Badge parking bays in our area [http://transact.westminster.gov.uk/MyWestminster/index.cfm?layers=8]