Recently featured in the London Metro – Samantha Rae writes….
“The Chilli Mili Chicken Wings were not only tasty, they also cleared my sinuses – a herd of elephants in Africa thought I was sending them a mating call. My lamb biryani was sealed over with pastry and breaking into it was as satisfying as puncturing the seal on a tube of Pringles. The peshwari naan – and I class myself as a connoisseur of nothing, if not a peshwari naan – was beautiful. There’s pork on the menu – which you may not find in every Indian restaurant, and the staff are lovely. It’s in easy distance of Charing Cross, and well worth dropping in before catching a train home.”
Our contemporary Indian restaurant in the heart of the West End, founded on chef Asharaff Valappil’s passion for authentic home cooking.
- Traditional and modern Indian cuisine
- Fragrant dishes from chef Valappil’s native Kerala
- Tandoori specialities from an authentic clay oven
- Stylish, relaxed dining room a step away from The Strand
- ‘Tiffin’ afternoon tea, inspired by the flavours of India
- Three-course pre-theatre dinners from £22.00
- Two-course Thali lunches from £9.95
- Meen Mappas: Sea bass with traditional Keralan flavours
- Murgh Mahkani: Classic chicken tikka masala
- Lamb Biryani: The famous rice dish of Kashmir
- Grandma Kodi Kura: Fiery, Andhra-style chicken curry made to chef’s family recipe
- Tandoori Mixed Grill: Marinated cuts of lamb and chicken, fresh from the tandoor