TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Palace Papers competition is an initiative of Strand Palace Hotel & Restaurants Ltd to promote the Strand Palace Hotel & Restaurants Ltd Services.
The Palace Papers competition to win two nights at Strand Palace will run from 1 of January 2019 until 13 March 2019, 23:59 inclusive. The prize is:
- A 2-night stay in a Superior or Deluxe Room type for two people with breakfast included
The following terms and conditions are made to provide clarity. Please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any further questions or comments.
- This competition is organized by Strand Palace Hotel & Restaurants, 372 Strand, London, United Kingdom, hereinafter referred to as “The Promoter”.
- The competition is open from 1 January 2019 until 13 March 2019, 23:59 inclusive.
- The competition is open to all individuals (18 years old and over) and who participate for private purposes only. Directors, officers, management, employees, other staff and family members of Strand Palace, or any of its affiliated companies and other people involved in organising this competition are not eligible to participate in it.
- Participants may enter the competition by uploading their creative photo of The Palace Papers on Instagram.
- All entrants must follow the company profile on Instagram, @strandpalace, and tag the handle in the post.
- By entering into this competition and submitting photographic or video works, participants grant Strand Palace Hotel & Restaurants Ltd a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to exploit the intellectual property as vested in the photographic image. Participants declare that they are the sole owner of the intellectual property rights of the uploaded and/or tagged photos and indemnify the Strand Palace for any intellectual property claims regarding the uploaded and/or tagged photo.
- Winners will be selected by Strand Palace at their sole discretion at the end of the submission period. The winner of the competition will be notified via Instagram through a direct message.
- Strand Palace will ask the competition winner for their consent for the Palace Papers to publish their Instagram handle announcing they have won the competition on the next palace Papers issue, released in April 2019.
- In the event that Strand Palace cannot for any reason get in contact with the winner within two weeks after the competition is finished, Strand Palace reserves the right to select another winner at its sole discretion.
- The prize is to be redeemed before the 31st of December 2019 and is subject to room availability. No cash redemption or prize substitutions are allowed. The prize, or any of its unused portion, cannot be returned and is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- To be included in the competition, submissions must be received before the end of the competition period (not later than its closing date). The Strand Palace decisions as to the administration and operation of the competition and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the competition and are not subject to any queries or further negotiations.
- Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid.
- The winners may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all terms and conditions of the competition.
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
- The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
- Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
- An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
- Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
- There is no cash or other alternatives to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition.
- By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their Instagram handle, for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.