Until early December, we have closed our doors to the general public, however, we’re still open for key workers.
Strand Palace has always been synonymous with exemplary standards of service, housekeeping, security, health and safety. The COVID-19 pandemic has required us to raise our high standards to new levels with new procedures and guidelines for the current circumstances.
Our new hotel cleanliness program is here to help protect our guests and our team members. We have a clear system in place with best practices and protocols we’ve developed over the last several months, allowing our guests to rest easy with us and focus on enjoying the heart of London.
We encourage guests to help us maintain a safe environment by:
- Staying home if you’re unwell – Please stay at home if you are unwell or have been in contact with someone with COVID19 symptoms in the past 14 days. If you begin to feel unwell during your stay, contact our guest service centre.
- Wear a face covering – As per government guidelines, all guests must now wear a face covering when in our lobby, reception desk, corridors and bathrooms. You may take them off in the comfort of your room and within our restaurant and bar Haxells.
- Keeping a safe distance – We’ve reorganised our public areas to help keep a 2-meter distance between guests and staff. Please help us by following floor markings or other visible distancing systems.
- Personal hygiene – We’ve provided sanitizing gel in many areas around the hotel. Guests are encouraged to wash their hands frequently
- Use contactless –Strand Palace no longer accepts cash as a form of payment. All major credit & debit cards are accepted as methods of payment and deposit.
- Your room – your room has been cleaned and disinfected with care. We have removed all collateral in your room to minimise risk.
Public Areas & Reception
- There is a one-way system of entering and exiting the hotel to ensure that all of our guests’ can check-in and check out safely whilst adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer is available and accessible at all times in all public areas and guest floor lift lobbies.
- Screens are placed at reception to ensure social distancing is maintained between our guests and hotel staff, and are regularly disinfected.
- All guestroom keycards are disinfected before and after use.
- The hotel has introduced cashless payment and eliminated cash payments to help reduce contact between our team and guests at the front desk.
- To ease the guest flow through the hotel, guests are encouraged to use the stairs where possible.
- Our team regularly clean the reception area, including disinfecting all surfaces after guests check-in and check out.
- Public toilets on the ground floor are open for guests to use, however we strongly recommend guests use their guestroom facilities. We advise guests not to enter if there are two people using the facilities, and to wait until one or both have left before entering.
- To help reduce the risk of contamination, our gym is unfortunately closed until further notice. There are a number of jogging routes that you can start from the hotel and follow the Thames up to London Bridge. See the team for more information if you would like to know more.
- Group bookings will arrive and check-in within a designated area of the hotel to ensure social distancing measures are kept. The group organiser will be notified of this check-in location 72 hours prior to arrival at the hotel.
- All linen has been thermally disinfected when it arrives at the hotel, adhering to UK healthcare standards in the wash process.
- We have now adopted a flexible cleaning frequency as per our guest’s preference. Guests can choose when checking in to have their room cleaned as they wish during their stay.
- The mini bar in our Deluxe and Studio rooms will be filled on arrival and will not be restocked daily. If you are staying in these rooms and would like additional items, we can deliver these to your room.
- If you require any additional items such as towels to your room, call our guest service centre and we will bring your requested items to your room.
- All collateral has been removed from guest rooms to ensure no guest or staff contamination.
Our Restaurant & Bars
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 am until 12pm in our restaurant Haxells. If you do not have breakfast included in your stay, we have an on the go breakfast option which you can either pick up on or have delivered to your room. This can be ordered when you check-in if you wish. There is no tray charge for breakfast.
- We are serving an in-room dining menu as well as an all-day dining menu in Haxells Restaurant & Bar until 10:00 pm.
- Gin Palace will remain closed until further notice.
- Contactless NFC payment is prefered where possible, however where this is not, a sanitised Chip & Pin device is available. Cash is no longer accepted at the hotel.
- We have increased all hygiene training, including mandatory training online for all of our team members.
- There are new operating procedures for cleaning and sanitising all areas throughout the hotel, which is adhered to by all team members.
- We have a contingency plan that is aligned with the government’s guidelines and regulations, which is reviewed regularly in accordance with government guidelines.
- All front desk team have access to protective equipment during their daily job requirements (face coverings, visors, disposable gloves).
High Touch Point Areas
Please pay attention to these high touch areas around the hotel, and use sanitiser before and after coming into contact:
- Door handles
- Light switches
- Water taps
- Paper dispensers
- Toilet seats
- Waste bins
- Desktop computers, keyboard and mouse
- Luggage carrier
- Tables and chairs
- Cutlery and crockery