Our Policy Outlines How We Protect Your Personal Information
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is The Strand Palace Hotel Limited of 372 Strand, London WC2R 0JJ.
Information we may collect from you
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on www.strandpalacehotel.co.uk (“our site”). This includes information provided when registering to use our site, subscribing to our newsletter, posting material or requesting further services, booking a room, including preferences about the room and its location, information about disabilities and dietary requirements. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by The Strand Palace Hotel, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your booking.
- We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- We collect this information for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
- This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- We operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with the cookie usage set out below. If you are not happy, you should not use this site and delete StrandPalaceHotel cookies from your browser.
- You can also block cookies by browsing the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting. This is called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” in Internet Explorer and “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari).
- We automatically track certain information about you based upon your behaviour on our site. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour. This helps us to better understand and serve our users.
- We use a web analytics tool to analyse site usage, including how our users arrive at our site, what they do on the site and what browser and operating system they use. This analytics data is not tied to personally identifiable information.
- We use a number of different cookies on our site. You can find out more about what cookies are and how to control and delete them at http://www.aboutcookies.org.
- Google Analytics: We use this to understand how the site is being used in order to improve the user experience. All user data is anonymous.
- Email tracking: We include tracking on some of our emails so that we can tell how much traffic they send to our site and analyse open and click rates. Sometimes we track and use individual users’ responses to our emails, for instance in order to re-email those who did not click a message on first receiving it. If you want to be sure that none of your email activity is tracked, you should opt out of The Strand Palace Hotel’s emails.
- Surveys & Contests: From time to time our site may request information from users via surveys, contests or for a particular service (e.g. newsletter). Participation in these surveys or contests is voluntary. Information requested will include contact information (as supplied to the site during registration) and supplementary information on your interests, opinions and preferences. We will use the contact information to notify winners. We will not publish winners’ details on the site though on request we will provide details of any winner’s name and organisation in promotional activity. If the survey or contest has a sponsor then we may share information given by entrants with the sponsor, but only with the user’s consent.
- We employ appropriate security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
- For The Strand Palace Hotel family of sites, we employ Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input, as an additional security measure.
- As no online data transmission can be guaranteed to be totally secure, we (like all web sites) cannot guarantee 100% security of any information you transmit to us at our websites.
How we use your information
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. We (or they) may contact you about these by post or telephone.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on a given day).
- We may use both aggregate information and personal data to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1).
Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Strand Palace Hotel and Restaurants Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
- If we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes, we will usually inform you before collecting your data.
- You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
- You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Marketing, The Strand Palace Hotel, 372 Strand, London WC2R 0JJ.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
- Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- Where appropriate, we will notify you of changes to our policy by e-mail.