We’re all wondering how traveling in and out of Britain will differ after leaving the European Union. Whilst changes are expected, there is no need to worry.
Absolutely nothing changes until at least 2021 – and even that’s optimistic! For people unsure about traveling to and from Britain, we’ve highlighted some handy information below to help you out.
- You can continue to travel using your ID cards until at least 2021
- You won’t need a visa for holidays or short-term visits
- Pet owners will be able to travel with their pets using their EU pet passport
- Your European Health Insurances Card will still be valid
- You can still drive in Great Britain using your EU driving license
- Flights, coaches, ferries and trains will continue to operate
- British citizens will not need a visa to travel to EU countries but pas 2021 travelers will need an ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) visa waiver – very similar to an American ESTA. They’ll only be around £6 and will be valid for years.
- British passports will be processed differently so expect delays, but all forms of transport are expected to remain the same.
- You’ll be able to use your British license to drive in EU countries.
If you like reading our blog, why not sign up to our mailing list? Not only do we send out useful content, but you’ll also get access to some amazing special offers!