Best Rate Guarantee
Book with confidence knowing you will always get the best available rate at the Strand Palace Hotel.
Whenever you make a room reservation through our website or direct with our hotel, we guarantee that you will receive the lowest rate possible.
If you find a lower publicly available rate on a competing website, prior to, or within 24 hours of booking your hotel room, simply submit a Best Rate Guarantee Claim to us and we will create a new reservation for you honouring that lower rate.
Reserving on our site is quick and easy and there are no hidden fees. If you have any questions, our reservations team will be more than happy to provide assistance.
Terms & Conditions
For a claim to be valid under this Best Rate Guarantee it must satisfy all of the terms & conditions contained herein and be submitted in compliance with the claim processing procedures set forth below.
- If you find and advise the hotel management of a lower publicly available room rate carrying the same rate conditions (see below) for the same room type and bed type, and for the same dates and number of guests, prior to, or within 24 hours after making a reservation on our website (www.strandpalacehotel.co.uk), we will make your reservation for you honouring the competing rate.
- The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to taxes, gratuities or any additional guest charges or other additional fees that may apply at our hotel.
The Best Rate Guarantee will apply to any room type that is the same as a room type that can be booked on a competing website.
Length of Stay
- Claims can only be made where the length of stay, i.e., number of nights, is comparable.
- Multiple claims for a stay consisting of two or more consecutive nights at the same hotel will be treated as one claim for one stay and the Best Rate Guarantee will be applied to that one stay.
- The Best Rate Guarantee applies to a lower rate displayed on a competing website with conditions that are the same as the rate conditions of the rate displayed on the Strand Palace Hotel website. Rate conditions include, but are not limited to, advance purchase requirements, prepayments, deposit requirements and cancellation and change policies. If there is no rate available directly with us that has the same rate rules to that of the competitor rate, and the competitor rate is lower than the direct hotel rate, we, at our discretion, may honour the rate displayed on the competing website with the applicable rate conditions, room type, room features and amenities, provided the claim meets all other Terms and Conditions.
- The Strand Palace Hotel reserve the right to deny a claim where the rate displayed on the competing website is equal to the rate displayed on the hotel website, and the rate conditions are the same, or where the rate displayed on the competing website has more restrictive rate conditions than the hotel rate.
- In the event that the competing website displays the rate in a different currency from the Strand Palace rate, we reserve the right to deny a claim where the competitor rate appears lower than the hotel rate if the difference between the rates is due to different currency exchange rates used by the two rate providers.
- The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to unpublished rates (rates that are not publicly available). Rates not available to the general public include, but are not limited to:
- Corporate discount rates
- Group rates
- Meeting delegate rates
- Any rates requiring membership in a club or programme or other organisation where the rates are targeted toward a specific group of individuals and not intended for the general public
- Direct mail solicitations
- Electronic mail solicitations
- Any rates requiring a promotional campaign code
The management at the Strand Palace Hotel have the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim.
The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to any rates from opaque providers including, but not limited to, Lastminute.com, Expedia.com and Hotwire.com. An opaque provider is any provider that prevents the buyer from identifying the hotel until after the buyer has made a reservation and guaranteed payment. A site is opaque if it does not divulge any of the following information; (a) the name of the hotel, (b) the precise location of the hotel, (c) the identity or brand of the hotel and (d) other specific information that may make it possible for the buyer to identify the hotel (e.g. hotel photographs, specific names of hotel food and beverage outlets).
The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include; (a) hotel rooms sold as part of a travel package, where the hotel does not provide the extra service. Extra services include but are not limited to hotel rooms plus airfares, car rental or cruises, and (b) hotel rooms sold with value added amenities, including, but not limited to, free breakfast and hotel parking.
Making a Claim
- A claim must be submitted prior to, or within 24 hours after, making a reservation on the Strand Palace Hotel website, and, a minimum of 24-hours before the arrival date. If the original reservation was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable. An original reservation refers to the initial reservation made through www.strandpalacehotel.co.uk and does not include modified or cancelled reservations.
- The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to existing reservations booked through a competing room provider. If a reservation is booked through a competing room provider, we are not responsible for any fees associated with the cancellation of that reservation.
- The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply if the rate displayed on the competing website is found on www.strandpalacehotel.co.uk
- The Strand Palace Hotel reserve the right to deny a claim if it cannot independently verify the availability of the competitor rate at the time it processes the claim.
- A claim submission form is available on www.strandpalacehotel.co.uk. To submit this claim form, fill out all the required fields, agree to these Terms and Conditions, and click the submit button.
- Upon validation of your claim, a hotel representative will send an email or other communication to you that will include the reservation confirmation number and the new rate you will be charged.
- A customer who submits a claim prior to making a reservation and whose claim is deemed valid by the hotel will be contacted to inform them that they have a valid claim. The customer must respond to the hotel within 24 hours and prior to local check-in time, to complete the booking process.
If, for any reason, following receipt of confirmation of a valid claim and creation of a Best Rate Guarantee reservation, the hotel does not honour the Best Rate Guarantee rate, you can contact the Hotel Management within 15 days of the conclusion of your stay. The Hotel Management will investigate the denied Best Rate Guarantee rate and will arrange reimbursement of the difference between the room rate charged and the confirmed Best Rate Guarantee rate, provided the room rate charged is higher than the confirmed Best Rate Guarantee rate.
The Strand Palace Hotel reserves the right to amend, revise, supplement, suspend or discontinue the Best Rate Guarantee at anytime in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
If you would like to make a claim, please speak to a member of our Reservations team on 020 7379 4737 or email email@example.com .