WIN A TWO NIGHTS STAY AT STRAND PALACE*
Did you know about the Baboon bolting on Strand?
A huge Baboon, the size of a full grown Newfoundland dog, having broken his den at Exeter Change got out of the two story window and fell on the leads of some shops adjoining, whence he leaped into the street and proceeded up Burleigh Street with a numerous concourse of people after him, he was afterwards safely secured without doing any michief. Exeter Change was a small menagerie which stood on a site in the Strand now covered by Strand Palace. It was demolished in 1892 Extract from the 1811 Annual Register.
Please take a photo of The Palace Papers next to your favourite London landmark and tag us on Instagram! We can't wait to see your photos!
Illustrator: Jeremy Leasor
*Palace Papers Issue 6 - COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Strand Palace Hotel & Restaurants Ltd., their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners.
2. This competition is open to the public.
3. Competition closes at midnight on 30.09.2022. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
4. One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
5. To enter you must Tag us on Instagram @StrandPalace next to your favourite London landmark with a photo of the Palace Papers.
6. There is one winner and one prize.
7. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
8. Winners will be notified by Instagram or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
9. The prize includes: A Two Nights Stay at Strand Palace for 2 Adults only.
10. The prize offered is strictly subject to availability and may not be available in high season.
11. The prize is valid for travel during a twelve-month period (date starting on the day the winner is notified.
12. The winner is responsible for all additional expenses (room service, minibar, laundry, excursions, bar tabs, meals and drinks) not specifically included in the prize.
13. Winner and guests are responsible for ensuring that they have valid travel documents and adequate insurance.
14. The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
15. The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
16. The promoter of this competition is Strand Palace Hotel & Restaurants Ltd.
17. *General terms and conditions for competitions apply*.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Promoter's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
16. For a list of winners please send a stamped envelope to Strand Palace Hotel, 372 Strand, London, WC2R 0JJ stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.