These are some of the most frequently asked questions about our hotel.
Commonly asked questions about the hotel
We take pride in our exemplary standards of service, housekeeping, security, health and safety. The COVID-19 pandemic has required us to raise our high standards to new levels with new procedures and guidelines for the current circumstances.
Our new hotel cleanliness program is here to help protect our guests and our team members. We have a clear system in place with best practices and protocols we’ve developed over the last several months, allowing our guests to rest easy with us and focus on enjoying the heart of London.
We encourage guests to help us maintain a safe environment by:
- Staying home if you’re unwell – Please stay at home if you are unwell or have been in contact with someone with COVID19 symptoms in the past 14 days. If you begin to feel unwell during your stay, contact our guest service centre.
- Wear a facecovering – As per government guidelines, all guests must now wear a face covering when in our lobby, reception desk, corridors and bathrooms. You may take them off in the comfort of your room and within our restaurant and bar Haxells.
- Keeping a safe distance – We’ve reorganised our public areas to help keep a safe distance between guests and staff. Please help us by following floor markings or other visible distancing systems.
- Personal hygiene – We’ve provided sanitizing gel in many areas around the hotel. Guests are encouraged to wash their hands frequently
- Use contactless – Strand Palace no longer accepts cash as a form of payment. All major credit & debit cards are accepted as methods of payment and deposit.
- Your room – your room has been cleaned and disinfected with care. We have removed all collateral in your room to minimise risk.
Please keep checking this page for regular updates.
Standard check-in time is after 2pm on the day of arrival.
Standard check-out time is 12pm on the day of departure. Late check-out is subject to availability and may incur a fee.
Strand Palace no longer accepts cash as a form of payment. All major Credit & Debit cards are accepted as methods of payment and deposit.
You can book theatre, sightseeing and attraction tickets directly through us at the guest services desk, or through our website here.
We do offer luggage storage for hotel guests. A fee of £5.00 is applicable for overnight storage.
Please call reservations on +44 (0)207 379 4737 to cancel your booking. Should you cancel or amend your arrival date after 6pm on the day prior to arrival, you will incur a cancellation charge for the first night of your stay. This will be automatically charged to the credit card provided to guarantee the booking. This cancellation policy does not apply for bookings made on the advance purchase offer.
Strand Palace has 24-hour manned security and CCTV throughout public areas. Entrance to the hotel is restricted to guests after midnight. All rooms have deadlocks, self-closing mechanisms, peepholes and safes. For female guests travelling alone, we do not allocate rooms with inter-connecting doors, or rooms on the first floor, at the ends of corridors or near fire exits.