Credit/Debit Card Policy
- Strand Palace will take a £50 pre-authorisation on arrival for possible extras/incidentals you may incur during your stay. The authorisation will hold the funds until check out, at which time the amount actually incurred during the stay will be charged.
- Authorised amounts may take up to 30 days after departure to be released by your bank or financial institution and the hotel will not be responsible for any resulting fees or charges.
- For non-flexible advance purchase bookings, a new card must be provided for payment, and the original card used will be refunded. The new card provided must be presented by the cardholder, as the hotel will not accept cards without the presence of the cardholder.
- All of our rates are the best available at the time of booking and are quoted in pounds Sterling, inclusive of VAT.
- Any amendments or additional bookings may be charged at a different rate.
- All reservations must be paid directly to the hotel at the time of check-in unless pre-paid as an advance purchase. Check-in time is after 2:00 pm and check out is before 12:00 pm.
- Should you wish to extend your departure time, please contact our reception on arrival. Late checkout is subject to availability and may incur a fee.
- For non-flexible advanced purchase rates, ‘no shows’ will be charged the full amount of their booked stay. For flexible rates, ‘no shows’ will be charged the first night of their booked stay.
- Should you wish to cancel your reservation, please call us on +44 (0)207 379 4737. A cancellation reference will be provided.
- Should you cancel or amend your arrival date after 6:00 pm GMT on the day prior to arrival, you will incur a cancellation charge for the first night of your stay. This will be automatically charged to the credit card provided to guarantee the booking.
- Should you need to amend your day of departure, please contact reception by 6pm on the prior day to avoid a charge.
- This cancellation policy does not apply to bookings made on Advance Purchase rates.
- Any bookings made for seven days or more may be charged in full at the time of booking.
- When checking in to the hotel using this offer, we will require the card used for payment to be present along with photo identification.
- If the card originally used to book will not be available at the time of check-in, a new card must be provided for payment, and the original card used will be refunded.
- The new card provided must be presented by the cardholder or the hotel will not accept any cards without the presence of the cardholder
- All cards presented must be in the name of the person presenting the card.
- Other reservations must be paid for at the time of check-in.
- We cannot offer refunds for early departures.
Bedding and Capacity
- Single rooms: One single bed. Maximum capacity: one person.
- Twin rooms: Two single beds. Maximum capacity: two people
- Double rooms: One double bed. Maximum capacity: two people.
- King rooms: One king-size bed. Maximum capacity: two people
- Deluxe Studio rooms: Either a double or king-size bed, plus a pull out sofa. Maximum capacity: three people
- Rooms vary in size and shape. The photos shown on this website are for reference only.
- Some rooms include a sofa bed that can accommodate one child.
Children and Extra Beds
- Children under 12 years old stay free of charge and some rooms include a sofa bed that can accommodate one child.
- Should you require a baby cot, please notify us at time of booking. We can only provide one baby cot per room.
- Each room must have at least one guest who is 18 years of age or older.
- Guests are requested to conduct themselves appropriately at all times.
- Guests are requested not to disrupt the comfort and enjoyment of other guests, the smooth running of the Hotel, or cause offence to other guests or our members of staff.
- We reserve the right to refuse accommodation or services or remove you and members of your party from the Hotel if, in our reasonable opinion, we consider this provision to have been breached.
- Where this is the case shall have no obligation to refund you for lost accommodation, other services or any other loss or expense incurred.
No pets are allowed in the hotel, except guide dogs.
No Smoking Policy
- Strand Palace is a smoke-free hotel.
- Should guests fail to comply with our no smoking policy they will be obliged to pay a room recovery fee of a minimum of £250 in order to the cover the extensive cost of restoring guest rooms to a smoke-free condition.
Strand Palace accepts no liability for websites accessed via hyperlinks on our own website, or for any transactions completed on those sites.
Strand Palace will store luggage for guests on arrival and on departure at no charge. A fee of £5.00 per item is applicable for overnight storage. Terms & conditions apply.
Lone Traveller Policy
- We do not allocate rooms for female travellers on the first floor, at the end of corridors, rooms with interconnecting doors or near fire exits.
- We never disclose a female travellers room number when checking in, the information is provided to the guest discreetly
- Every guestroom at Strand Palace has a door entry system and only guests can enter the hotel after 12 midnight.
- Every guestroom door is fitted with a deadlock and self-closing mechanism and has a door viewer for added security purposes.
- All external rooms are fitted with locks on the window.
- CCTV is operational throughout the hotel including all lifts and lobby areas on all floors.
- Security personnel are present in the hotel 24 hours a day. Our reception and guest relations team are also available 24 hours a day.
- All rooms have bedside lighting controls and in-room safes.
- Health and safety guidelines are in place for staff. These guidelines also cover non-harassment of lone female guests.
We endeavour to implement this policy on every occasion; however, this is subject to availability at the time of booking, force majeure and of the guest informing The Strand Palace Hotel that they wish this policy to be applied.
- Save 15% on stays offer: Bookings made with this offer cannot be refunded or amended. Payment will be taken on the day of booking. Cancellations or no-shows will be charged at 100% of the value of the booking. Discounts are from the Best Available Rate. The offer does not apply to group bookings. This rate is non-commissionable.
- Win back the cost of your stay offer: The cost of your stay will be reimbursed to the card used to pay for your booking. One booking will be reimbursed every week. Only bookings made directly via the Strand Palace website are eligible to be included in this promotion. The reimbursement will only cover costs as charged in your website booking and will not cover any in-hotel spend, such as on food or drink in our restaurants or via room service. This promotion can be used in conjunction with other offers online. Strand Palace reserves the right to end this promotion at any time, without notice.
- Save 25% on four nights or more offer: This promotion applies to all bookings made and stays completed by 31 December 2019. Only available for bookings made 7 days prior to the arrival date. This offer is non-refundable and does not apply to group bookings (Bookings consisting of 9 rooms or more). Cancellations or ‘no shows’ will be charged at 100% of the value of the booking. Discount is based on the Best Available Rate (an additional 10% added on the 15% non-flexible rate. Payment will be taken on the day of booking. Bookings cannot be amended or refunded
- Afternoon Tea with a free glass of champagne offer: The promotion dates are from 19/06/2019 to 31/09/19. The offer only entitles one glass of champagne per person per booking. If guests would like to enjoy other drinks after finishing their complimentary glass of champagne during their afternoon tea, then they are subject to pay for these as extras on top of the offer amount (£35 per person). This offer can only be redeemed through the wuntu app, and is not redeemable through any other outlet. for information, please visit www.strandpalacehotel.co.uk/restaurants-bars/afternoon-tea-wuntu-offer