Credit/Debit Card Policy
- Debit and credit cards will be authorised at check-in for the amount of your stay, plus an amount to cover incidentals.
- The authorisation will hold the funds until check out, at which time the amount actually incurred during the stay will be charged.
- Authorised amounts may take up to 30 days after departure to be released by your bank or financial institution and the hotel will not be responsible for any resulting fees or charges.
- All of our rates are the best available at the time of booking and are quoted in pounds Sterling, inclusive of VAT.
- Any amendments or additional bookings may be charged at a different rate.
- All reservations must be paid directly to the hotel at the time of check-in, unless pre-paid as an advance purchase. Check-in time is after 2:00 pm and check out is before 12:00 pm.
- Should you wish to extend your departure time, please contact our reception on arrival. Late checkout is subject to availability and may incur a fee.
- Should you wish to cancel your reservation, please call us on +44 (0)207 379 4737. A cancellation reference will be provided.
- Should you cancel or amend your arrival date after 6:00 pm GMT on the day prior to arrival, you will incur a cancellation charge for the first night of your stay. This will be automatically charged to the credit card provided to guarantee the booking.
- Should you need to amend your day of departure, please contact reception one day prior to avoid a one night charge.
- This cancellation policy does not apply to bookings made on Advance Purchase rates.
- Any bookings made for seven days or more may be charged in full at the time of booking.
- Other reservations must be paid for at time of check-in.
- We cannot offer refunds for early departures.
Bedding and Capacity
- Single rooms: One single bed. Maximum capacity: one person.
- Twin rooms: Two single beds. Maximum capacity: two people
- Double rooms: One double bed. Maximum capacity: two people.
- King & Executive King rooms: One king-size bed. Maximum capacity: two people
- Rooms vary in size and shape. The photos shown on this website are for reference only.
- Some rooms include a sofa bed that can accommodate one child.
Children and Extra Beds
- Children under 12 years old stay free of charge and some rooms include a sofa bed that can accommodate one child.
- Should you require a baby cot, please notify us at time of booking. We can only provide one baby cot per room.
- Each room must have at least one guest who is 18 years of age or older.
- Guests are requested to conduct themselves appropriately at all times.
- Guests are requested not to disrupt the comfort and enjoyment of other guests, the smooth running of the Hotel, or cause offence to other guests or our members of staff.
- We reserve the right to refuse accommodation or services or remove you and members of your party from the Hotel if, in our reasonable opinion, we consider this provision to have been breached.
- Where this is the case shall have no obligation to refund you for lost accommodation, other services or any other loss or expense incurred.
No pets are allowed in the hotel, except guide dogs.
No Smoking Policy
- The Strand Palace Hotel is a smoke-free hotel.
- Should guests fail to comply with our No Smoking Policy they will be obliged to pay a room recovery fee of a minimum of £250 in order to the cover the extensive cost of restoring guest rooms to a smoke-free condition.
The Strand Palace Hotel accepts no liability for websites accessed via hyperlinks on our own website, or for any transactions completed on those sites.
The Strand Palace Hotel will store luggage for guests on arrival and on departure at no charge. A fee of £5.00 per item is applicable for overnight storage.
Lone Traveller Policy
- We do not allocate rooms for female travellers on the first floor, at the end of corridors, rooms with interconnecting doors or near fire exits.
- We never disclose a female travellers room number when checking in, the information is provided to the guest discreetly
- Every room at The Strand Palace Hotel has a door entry system and only hotel guests can enter after 12 midnight.
- Every bedroom door is fitted with a deadlock and self-closing mechanism and has a door viewer for added security purposes.
- All external rooms are fitted with locks on the window.
- CCTV is operational throughout the hotel including all lifts and lobby areas on all floors.
- Security personnel are present in the hotel 24 hours a day. Our reception and guest relations team are also available 24 hours a day.
- All rooms have bedside lighting controls and in-room safes.
- Health and safety guidelines are in place for staff. These guidelines also cover non-harassment of lone female guests.
We endeavour to implement this policy on every occasion; however, this is subject to availability at the time of booking, force majeure and of the guest informing The Strand Palace Hotel that they wish this policy to be applied.
Specials and Packages
- Day Delegate Special: Rates from £48.00 (inc VAT) per delegate, subject to availability. Minimum numbers apply. Rate includes room hire, unlimited refreshments, three-course restaurant buffet lunch, LCD projector, screen and flip chart, conference stationery and water.
- Advance Purchase Offer: Bookings made with this offer cannot be refunded or amended. Payment will be taken on the day of booking. Cancellations or no-shows will be charged at 100% of the value of the booking. Discounts are from the Best Available Rate. The offer does not apply to group bookings. This rate is non-commissionable.
- The Sunday Supplement: The offer applies to all those in the room. Drinks and additional courses are not included in the offer. The offer cannot be carried over to another day and must be taken on the Sunday of your stay. The promotion is only valid when published under the offers section on our website, and can only be claimed by stating ‘Sunday Supplement’ in the ‘additional comments’ section of the booking page. This rate is non-commissionable.
- Palace Pounds: Bookings must be made directly with The Strand Palace Hotel either online at or by phone, and you must quote “Palace Pounds” at time of booking. The voucher must be presented in the restaurant or bar at the time of consumption and cannot be applied at the reception. The voucher must be consumed no later than your departure date. This rate is non-commissionable. Palace Pounds cannot be redeemed for payment of accommodation or any type of breakfast, is non-refundable, cannot be exchanged for cash, and no change will be given. Only one voucher will be offered per stay. Bookings made on consecutive nights will not qualify for multiple vouchers. Palace Pounds voucher is only valid for Best Available Rates and is not valid for the Wine & Dine package. The Palace Pounds offer expires on 31 December 2018.
- Wine & Dine: Wine & Dine package costs £35 per person per night. The package is only for personal consumption (measured at the discretion of the hotel and responsible service of alcohol legislation apply). Package must be pre-booked on the hotel’s website (www.strandpalacehotel.co.uk) or via our reservations department at the hotel only. Package consumption applies to in-house guests on bed & breakfast basis only and available from check-in (available from 2 pm) to check-out (no later than 12 noon). Includes food and drinks from Carvery and Grill, the Lounge Bar and The Gin Palace. Excludes room service. Drinks are limited to beer, prosecco, house wine, house cocktails, basic spirits, juices and soft drinks. Subject to availability. Cannot be combined with other offers. This offer cannot be applied to group bookings. Offer not available on 25 or 31 December 2017.
Breakfast Room Service
- For guests that book a rate that includes breakfast on either Advance Purchase for Flexible rates, breakfast must be consumed in the Carvery & Grill restaurant.
- Guests cannot redeem breakfast by ordering from room service.
- This can only be used when dining in the Carvery & Grill.
- If you wish to order breakfast via room service, then this can be purchased as an additional cost as stated in the in-room dining menu which can be found here.
- The Strand Palace Hotel is not inclined to compensate guests that decide to have room service as opposed to sitting in the restaurant.