- We fully comply with environmental legislation and approved codes of practice and we’re continually working to minimise our impact on the environment.
- We continuously seek to improve our environmental performance and to reduce our pollution, emissions and waste.
- We are actively increasing awareness and educate employees on environmental issues and sustainable working practices.
- We have a Green Team in place to ensure a targeted focus on environmental issues and encourage the generation of ideas and implementation of appropriate measures.
- We work to ensure the efficient use of energy, water and other resources by encouraging our staff and our guests to adopt an eco-friendly attitude.
- We develop responsible purchasing methods, sourcing locally-produced goods and using suppliers that maintain sustainable ethical practices.
- We align ourselves with the Green Tourism Business Scheme.
Our initiatives to help the environment
- We collect empty biscuit wrappers from our rooms and then exchange these into charitable donations
- All of our team have been gifted with reusable cups to help reduce the amount of single use plastic cups
- We encourage our guests to reuse their towels where possible
Our energy usage
- We conduct regular boiler efficiency audits.
- We use water temperature controls throughout the hotel.
- In periods of low occupancy, appropriate areas of the hotel are isolated so heating can be turned off and lighting reduced to emergency levels.
- Energy-saving appliances in our kitchens include Mieklo dishwashing machines and Fosters Eco-Fridges.
Our water usage
- We have installed water-saving devices in toilets and reduced-capacity cisterns.
- Restrictors are in place on our taps and showers.
- Drinking water filtration units are in use in staff areas.
- We soften our water to prevent limescale build-up.
- Sensaflush urinals are in use in public toilets.
- We work to annual waste reduction and recycling targets.
- We have segregated waste streams to ensure glass, cardboard and paper are recycled.
- We are collecting empty biscuit wrappers, they are exchanged for charity donations.
- Our on-site glass crusher helps to reduce glass waste and collection costs.
- Our kitchens use the Frylow system to extend the lifespan of cooking oil, resulting in less oil waste and reduction in energy consumption.
- No single use plastic are used in our restaurant & bars.
Transport and responsible purchasing
- We purchase foods through an organisation that sources suppliers locally.
- We use sustainable fish wherever possible.
- We operate a staff cycle scheme through the government’s tax-free bikes for work initiative.
How we aim to reduce pollution
- We are changing our chemicals to biodegradable and environmentally friendly chemicals.
- We properly dispose of chemicals, grease and cooking oils, ensuring drainage systems are not contaminated.
- We strive to reduce our carbon emissions.
- All boiler flue gas emissions pass through our flue dilution system.